- GMU shall provide admission equally to all students irrespective of their national origin, colour gender, religion or disability, to all the rights, privileges, activities and programs offered by the university.
- GMU shall comply all the directives of Ministry of Education (MoE) regarding limitations (caps) on total enrolment or enrolment in specified programs.
- All admission policies and criteria for admission are consistent with the GMU mission and the goals of its programs. These policies are clearly defined, applied to all students equally, and are published in relevant documents including the Student Handbook, Catalog and on the GMU website.
- GMU shall admit candidates who are experiencing special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) as per the GMU admission policy for students with determination.
- GMU does not compromise its admissions standards or academic progress policies to achieve a desired enrolment.
Timelines for Undergraduate and Graduate programs for AY 2022-23 (September 2022)
|Applications / Admission process Open||December 5, 2021|
|Application acceptance and Interview starts||January 15, 2022|
|Admission offers||within 3 weeks after interview|
|Applications close||August 15, 2022|
|Admissions close||3 weeks after commencement of the program|
|Transfer Applications / Admission process Open||December 5, 2021|
|Transfer Applications close||July 30, 2022|
|Transfer Admissions close||August 31, 2022|
Applicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) for Licensure and Accreditation published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs.
Spring Admissions open for Doctor of Pharmacy and Executive Master in Healthcare Management and Economics Program 2021-22
Applications open from November 7th, 2021
Application close from January 7th, 2022
General Undergraduate Admission RequirementsApplicants shall meet all admission criteria for entry into the higher education programs offered by the University, as laid down in the Standards (2019) for Licensure and Accreditation published by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs.
- The Applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 years of education in school and passed subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Health Science programs and commerce subjects preferable for Management program in the Higher Secondary Examination
- All UAE Nationals who are graduates of the National Service Program shall be treated equal to the High School graduates in the year in which they have graduated the National Service Program.
- The applicant must have proficiency in spoken and written English. The applicant must have passed any one of the following English Language Proficiency Tests with a minimum score as applicable Emirates Standardized Language Test (EmSAT) 1100, TOEFL 500 (173 CBT, 61 iBT), IELTS Academic 5.0, or equivalent in any other standardized internationally recognized test approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE. English Proficiency minimum requirement is mandatory before registration.
- All conditional basis admissions are required to fulfill all admission requirements including Arabic proficiency and Equivalency certification. Failing which, the admission shall be on hold or not progressed further from first semester.
- The applicant will be required to appear for an admission test and Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) test followed by a personal interview before the GMU Admission Committee.
- The Admissions Committee evaluates all applicants for both cognitive and non-cognitive traits demonstrating their aptitude for the chosen area of study. The decision of the Admission Committee shall be final and binding.
- High School Transcript of Grades 10, 11 & 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & English.
- Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Passport copy and Emirates ID Card (if UAE Resident)
- Valid English Proficiency Score sheet (EmSAT/IELTS/TOEFL etc.)
- Valid EmSAT Score of Arabic, Math and two Science Subjects (Biology for Medicine Program)
- Passport-size Photographs x 10
- The UAE Nationals shall submit a copy of UAE nationality ID (Khulasat Al-Kayd) and family card with identification number
- Good Conduct Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Admission Requirements for Specific Undergraduate Programs