Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this policy is to set out the guideline of practices to be followed by the Admissions department operating under the supervision of the Admission Committee to ensure effective transfer admission process. The policy establishes guidelines for the criteria, application, selection, interview and admission for accepting transfers to various UG and PG programs of Gulf Medical University
Transfer from Outside University
Students who are transferring from another accredited higher education institution may be considered for admission at Gulf Medical University upon availability of seats and after meeting the following requirements:
- Students transferring from UAE institutions recorded in the National Register of Licensed HEIs, or other organizations in the UAE approved by the CAA, or recognized institutions of higher learning located outside the UAE, are eligible for transfer admission.
- GMU shall ensure that all transfer student documents are verified and be part in making decisions by the admissions committee which includes admission head, College representative, subject expert, and the Dean of the College.
- Transfer students shall present valid certification (EmSAT, TOEFL, IELTS or other certification approved by the CAA) demonstrating the required language competency scores for full admission.
- No students are admitted under conditional admission for transfer admission.
- GMU requires that students transferring from other institutions into a program in the same field of study are in good academic standing (for undergraduates, a minimum CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent), based on the teaching, learning and assessment system employed in the organization at which they initially enrolled, demonstrated by certified transcripts or other evidence.
- GMU permits external or internal students who are not in good academic standing to transfer only to a program in a field distinctly different from the one from which the student is transferring.
- GMU transfers undergraduate program credits only for courses relevant to the receiving degree that provide equivalent learning outcomes and in which the student earned a grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
- GMU accepts only transfer students in good academic standing (a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in graduate level course work, or equivalent) to graduate programs
- GMU requires the submission of official transcripts showing all post-secondary work attempted at all institutions attended by student before admission.
- GMU shall ensure to accept work taken under an articulation agreement with another institution as transfer credit.
- GMU limits the number of transfer credits which may be applied to a specific undergraduate degree program; the limit may not exceed 50% of the total number of credits which are required to complete a degree.
- GMU limits transferred credits for Master’s programs to a maximum of 25% of the total credits required for the program (or whichever equivalent measure is used in determining course or program requirements)
- GMU shall transfer graduate program credits only for courses relevant to the degree that provide equivalent learning outcomes and in which the student earned a grade of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
- No transfer admissions shall be permitted for the doctoral programs.
- GMU shall not accept the documents for transfer after the commencement of program and admission of the candidate to the program.
- Preliminary assessment of the transferability of credit shall be given to the student prior to initiating the admission process to indicate the expected joining year of the program.
- If a current GMU student desires to take a course in another Higher Education Institution for the purpose of credit transfer, he/she must obtain approval from the college in advance.
- GMU shall not grant credit twice for substantially the same course taken at two different institutions.
- GMU shall not allow credits for graduation projects and thesis to be transferred.
- GMU shall ensure timely written notification to the student of the transferability of credit, how much credit is granted, and how the accepted credit will be applied to the degree program of the receiving institution prior to admission.
- Students transferring from other programs within the same institution (GMU) shall ensure that all transfer student documents (High school and completed UG or PG courses transcripts) are verified and records recommendations by the admissions committee which includes admission head, subject expert, and the Dean of the College.
- GMU ensures that the students discontinues the enrolled program after completion of the semester and submits new application as transfer to another program following all undergraduate or post-graduate transfer admission guidelines before the start of the new semester.
- Internal transfer students shall present valid certification (EmSAT, TOEFL, IELTS or other certification approved by the CAA) demonstrating the required language competency scores for full admission.
- No students are admitted under conditional admission for internal transfer admission.
- GMU ensures that students transferring from other programs within the institution are in good academic standing (for undergraduates, a minimum CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent), based on the teaching, learning and assessment system employed in the organization at which they initially enrolled, demonstrated by certified transcripts or other evidence.
- GMU ensures that the internal transfer is admitted before the start of the Fall or Spring semester and follows all admission process with relevant application and tuition fees.
Applicants are required to apply on the transfer application option in the online application form and attach supportive documents
- Personal information (mandatory documents – passport copy)
- Official transcripts of credits earned previously attended
- Attested Grade12
- Equivalency certificate
- English language proficiency results
- Course syllabi and course description (hard copy to be submitted)
- Proceed to payment of application fee for submission of application form
Review and Evaluation Transferees
- Minimum requirement of marks of high school as laid down in the requirements of MoE, UAE. For UG
- Minimum number of years of schooling for UG
- Accredited university bachelor degree with official transcripts for PG
- Minimum score of English proficiency test
- Official transcript with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale for UG and 3.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale for PG or equivalent in completed courses
- Official transcript of credits earned, syllabus and course content
Transfer within programs in GMU
- Follows the same criteria of transferees
- Recommendation of Admissions Committee is required
Documents submitted are forwarded to the respective colleges to match the course content and curriculum matching.
Transfer of credits and to be taken/exempted courses are informed to the students in writing.
Applications OPEN along with same date of regular applications. Deadline of application for transfer shall be 31st July
Apply now (link)